Living Room Decorating Ideas
Living room is one of the most important parts of your house. It is the place where we welcome our guests, or most of the time linger in. Out of all the other important areas of our home, perfect decoration of living room is very essential. A well kept and decorated living room helps to build a great rapport among the visitors to our place. Perhaps, this is the reason we always keep on looking for great living room decorating ideas.
A nice and comfortable living room is a dream of every proud house owner. It is the place we look up to chill and relax, enjoying our favourite drinks and books after a long day of work. The interiors of living spaces can also be changed according to different seasons. This means different decorative items for living room in every season! People who are really obsessed with their home decor often do that. But this is not possible for all of us. We look out for such decorating ideas which work well in all seasons.
Well, if even you are looking to update your living room for all seasons, here are the list of some decorative items for living room that you should not miss out. They are important, in-fashion, and as follows:
ROYAL CRAFT METALS – Our country is known for its alluring metal craft’s work. A great way to accentuate the corners of house is by embellishing them with beautiful metal pieces. They look regal and display the Indian era of magnificence and grace. Silver and brass coated candle stands, vases and spoon holders are highly in demand.
BRILLIANT CRYSTAL WARES – Truly, crystal brings style and elegance to any home decor. The most popular way of adorning the centre table of your living room is by placing crystal jeweller box on it. It conjures up the charm of Victorian splendour, perfect if you are fond of royal vintage style home decor.
SOME PHOTOGRAPHS – To personalize your living room include something personal like family photographs. When framed in antique silver frames, these photographs would be the ideal things to accentuate the look of your big bare-looking wall of your living room.
LIGHT SOME CANDLES AND VOTIVE – Even if it is not a romantic evening you can still turn off the lights and lit some candles to create a restful mood. Mount them on beautiful candle holders and display them either on the coffee table, mantel or the side tables. Votive would add a warm ambiance to your living room, and a nice scent would spread freshness around. Embrace the art of gracious living as you use these lighting devices in your living room.
These were some easy to install living room decorating ideas. Hopefully they work really well for you, and you enjoy great times in your all time favourite space of the house-living room.
In most cases, the living room is the virtual heart of the house. Isn’t that the room where you take your break after a hard day’s work? Isn’t that the room in which you gather family and friends to chill after a hectic day? You may not notice it , but the popularity…
With the arrival of July, the grey clouds have covered the sky, hiding the sunshine. Monsoon is such a relief, right? Well, it surely is! But make sure to take the best care of your skin as you splash through the rain puddles. And similarly, add some glamour to your home because these days can…
Giving Old doors new life
Look at that old door…. For years it has marked your comings and goings, shut out storms, and guarded against intruders. So now when it has turned old you can’t simply throw it off (after all emotions matter, winks!). Well, that could be a poor line, but the fact is that an old door of your house is not at all a useless entity. It can easily be revamped into pretty much anything useful. So, we have dedicated our post to a range of do able ideas to inspire you to primp an old door into something completely fresh and awesome-Enjoy and good luck!
- Salvaged door coffee table- Looking out for a coffee table for your upstairs living room? This time you do not need to throw down your money on it. The coolest reuse of an old door is to turn it into a coffee table. Make sure to keep your tool box and equipments ready to make the necessary trims, drills, and gluing. At last, paint it with the colour that complements rest of your furniture. Enjoy a morning tea or coffee on your new table!
- Salvaged door bookshelf- A new home for your books! Design your bookshelf out of an old door. Mix and fix the pieces (take tutorial help from Google baba), bring your creativity into full swing. Paint the new born with bold colours, you could be just so amazed with your beautiful production!
- Salvaged door privacy screen– Privacy screen, a beautiful backdrop for the outdoor décor. All you need to do is paint some doors in your favourite colour, you can apply same colours as that of flower pots and chairs. Isn’t it a very easy to do project for your outdoor space?
- Salvaged door porch swing– What are you planning to gift your mom on Mother’s day? If confused, some interesting DIY projects can be of your great help. Combine an old table top and an antique door to make a perfect swing. All it takes is a little bit of effort in cutting, drilling, and fixing. Ta daa!! Your mother’s day gift is just here. And the best part is your mother won’t be the only one enjoying this brilliant gift, winks!
- Salvaged door mirror– Why to invest huge sums on buying antique mirrors, when you can create one at your home? Create an attractive, full length mirror using a salvaged door in a day time. Use the door as the frame of the mirror. Just the heavy use of adhesive is required. Indeed, a great way to put a junk door into use.
Whoa! These ideas are truly an instant hit. Try them and welcome new, yet old furniture into your space, after all ‘old is gold’.
Also tell us which of these ideas you have liked the most. We are awaiting your feedback!
In an age of growing environmental concerns, consumers look more forward to ‘green’ building materials for their houses. You can be one of them too! So, do you want to turn away from traditional wood flooring? Why not, when bamboo flooring is introduced as an Eco-friendly choice and simpler to replenish. There are many other…
”If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” Albert Einstein once famously asked. From our birth, organization is something which is instilled in everyone of us. On the other hand, being messy is always condemned and regarded as a quick path to the failure.…